The global pandemic has been hard on all of us – but while kids and families have all manner of resources and support to get through it all, the rest of us have been left to deal with things as best we can. SHIT TO DO is here to make that easier. We’re a free online repository of activities, recommendations and stuff to read, curated to help adults spend their free time being creative, having fun and trying out new hobbies.
Are you a writer? A crafter? A maker? A creative type? Or do you have a particular skill, like bike repair or wildflower identification? We’re looking for all kinds of contributors to create either beginner-level tutorials, articles or creative writing for our repository and weekly newsletter.
For example, we plan to launch SHIT TO DO with content including:
- A writing activity for people who might not have tried out creative writing before
- A tutorial on how to get started with nail art
- A tutorial on how to make your own beeswax wraps
- Cooking tips to help people get creative in the kitchen
- A how-to on making dried flowers with ideas for using them in different crafts
- A tutorial for making a mini moss garden to keep on your windowsill
With this project we hope to provide a diverse resource for adults of all ages who are bored, lonely and/or feeling low due to the lockdown.
If you would like to contribute or are interested but not sure how to get involved, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org!